Google now has unveiled its revolutionary technology for cars. The Android Auto app has been developed to assist cars to enter the new age and get all the functionality that is enjoyed by a person on their phone. The Android Auto app mirrors the users Android phone and projects the image on the compatible in-dash entertainment and information unit inside their cars. When the android device is paired with the head unit, then the compatible apps will be shown on the screen of the vehicle. The car screen will become a simplified version of your Android phone and nowadays latest car support this system.
How Does it Work?
Most of the applications that you run on your phone to assist you while you are driving can now be accessed through the screen making it easier to look at, and the user-friendly interface makes it an excellent navigation system. You can access Google Maps from the head unit. You will also be able to access other Google apps such as Google music.
If you have the latest car model which supports the application, you will be able to ‘talk’ to your car as it is supported by the Google assistant. All the main options will be presented at the bottom of the screen, which would include navigation, music, phone calls, etc. You would also be able to see the weather forecast via the application. This app is perfect for road trips and will give you the safety that you would seek when you are traveling.
Also, Check – How to Download the iflix Apk on your Android Device?
How to Download the Application?
You can easily download the Android Auto app from the Google Play store. It is an official app launched by Google, so it is easily accessible by all.
Functions it Performs:
The functions are almost limitless, and new updates are coming up every day to enhance the app and its functionalities. More and more apps are becoming updated so that it becomes compatible with the Android Auto app. Some of its functions that can be accessed by just saying ‘Okay Google’ is-
- Use Google Maps or Waze to act as your navigation system to get real-time updates about traffic routes or accidents to safely drive around.
- You will get updates about your route to avoid any hazard
- Google calendar will give you updates from your car as well to remind you if you have to go to a specific place
- You can also get live scores of your favorite game from Google
- You can make your driving safe bye voice commanding a do not disturb option when you are on the road
- It can also act as a music system that can be accessed by just your voice command.
- You will be able to use messaging apps like Messenger, WhatsApp, Kik, Google Allo, etc. other than the regular SMS application.
- You will be able to take calls and make them with just a voice command
- Android auto will run on Android devices that are running on Android lollipop (5.0) or higher.
- Download the free app and connect your Android phone to the car via a USB cable.
- Google has enabled wireless connection to the Android Auto app, but that is only for Android devices running on Android 8.0 and above.
- You must also have a Wi-Fi system that enables you to be able to use the application because it uses the internet.
- There are many cars that are compatible to support Android Auto, and the latest cars are increasingly developing features that will make it easier for you to connect your device.
- However, keep in mind that many manufacturers will charge extra for the service, and cheaper models might not have this feature.
- Ask your car, detailer for all the necessary information before you purchase the car. Cars that mostly support Android auto are most Mercedes Benz cars, Honda, Volvo, Volkswagen, etc.
- Finding a vehicle that supports Android auto should not be very difficult for you, and it comes for all price ranges of vehicles and types.
- The whole list of vehicles that supports the system is also given on the Android auto official website. Be sure to check it out.
How to Set up Android Auto?
- If you are a new user and have download that the Android auto, there are a few steps that you need to follow to set up the application.
- First, you need to prepare your phone.
- Download the free application from the Google play store.
- It is recommended that you use a good Wi-Fi network to download the application and to set it up.
- Open the app and read the terms and conditions.
- There will also be a safety notice for you to read.
- Follow the instructions on the screen which will ask you for your permission to access contacts, files, etc, for the best compatibility give consent for all requests.
- If your phone is already connected to your record via Bluetooth, you can select auto-launch for Android auto.
- Make sure your car supports Android auto and tune the device to your car’s settings.
- You might have to update certain apps to run it on your car screen.
- Connect the device via USB cable and enjoy the simplified version of your Android device on your car screen.
Best Apps to run of Android Auto:
Some of the best applications that can be used in your car with the help of Android Auto are- Spotify, Facebook messenger, Pandora, Waze, WhatsApp, Google play music, Hangouts, Amazon music, audible, etc.
Which countries will support the use of Android Auto?
More than 500 cars and aftermarket model stereo systems for vehicles are not supported by Android auto. Android Auto is available in the following countries- the United States of America, The United Kingdom, France, Germany, Canada, South Korea, India, and Australia.
The Android auto is a brilliant app and it is changing the face of the modern car system. As the days go by it will become more popular and will be accessible. It will soon take over the market and will be supported by most car companies.