It seems that everyone is buying into this Instagram craze and you have finally decided to join in on the fun. If you didn’t know it yet, besides being a photo sharing app, Instagram is also a social networking platform, which allows you to connect with other users on the site too. This is the reason behind Instagram’s popularity. It takes a simple app that adds filters to photos for a vintage effect, and it also gives you the opportunity to view what other users have uploaded and followed them as well. Here is a short tutorial on how to use Instagram so that you may be able to get started immediately.
So the first thing you need to do is to download the app from https://www.instagram.com/ and install it on your device. Once you have done that you will need to launch the app, ensuring that you have an Internet connection in the process. Then, you will come across the sign-up page in which you have to create an account. It is free and straightforward to do so you won’t have any problems doing it.
The next step should be adding friends on your list that can be done in a few ways. You can import your contacts from your list itself or get the names from your Facebook or Twitter account. If not, you can do a manual search on Instagram to find your friends.
- You will also be provided with a suggested list of individuals with an Instagram account who you can choose to follow.
- If they seem to interest you and you would like to get more updates from them, click the “follow” button, which is next to every name.
- Your “Feed” tab gives you the news feed, which contains updates that are happening in your neck of the woods. It shows the updates that the people you follow give out and you can refresh this list anytime.
- Then, by clicking the “Popular” tab, this will show you things that people have shared online that have had the most likes or responses as of late.
- The “Share” button allows you to take a photo using your device or choose from your photo gallery on what you want to share with Instagram users that follow you.
- Now what makes Instagram unique is the ability to apply vintage filters to your photos, which make them, look artistic.
- You can choose a variety from your list and use one that first your photo the most before sharing it. Also, also add a short description on the photo you are sharing on the box in the details tab.
- Finally, you are ready to share the photo with the rest of the world. Click on other desired websites you also want to share it with such as Facebook, Foursquare, Twitter and so much more.
- Once you are finished, simply click “Done” and the photo you just shared will appear on your news feed in a short while.
Hope you liked this article on How to use Instagram on PC and Smartphones. Comment below if you need any help.