Cross platform media players are software that enable a user to use it for various multi-purposes. It can either be used for audio purposes, or even to stream videos. This concept, off late has become a hit in the market. As a result of this, there is a demand for more and more cross media platforms all over the internet. Amongst the various popular cross media platforms is the Kodi APK.
- 1 What Is Kodi APK?
What Is Kodi APK?
- The ‘kodi media centre’ is an open source cross platform software. Formerly, this ‘kodi APK’ was known as ‘XMBC Media Centre’.
- It is a popular entertainment hub that has entered the markets in the resent years.
- It is a software multimedia player as well as an entertainment hub that is easily available to everyone who has access to a smart phone, or even a laptop and this digital media is mainly used for HTPCs (Home Theatre PCs.)
- This uses the remote control as its primary device and is a 10-feet user interface which is basically designed to be used in the living room of a household.
- The graphic user interface (GUI), enable the person using it to browse items, find music, view photos, it also allows the usage of various hard disks and much more.
- All this can be done only by using a few buttons, hence making the effort put in for the usage of this by the user minimalistic.
- This app is free, and is comes to handy when you need to play any videos or audios.
- This only constraint while downloading the app is that, there is a small basic need which is the Android version of the phone should be 5.0 and above only.
The app is fully an OSS (Open Source Software). The app was released under the GPLv2.0+ license. There is a provision for the inclusion of various third-party libraries which ensure the usage of compatible licenses.
This app also has the inclusion of a few GPLv3.0 libraries. Hence, as a result of this this application in its entirety becomes GPLv3.0 as binary.
There is no content or anything of such kind when it comes to the official kodi version. This implies that the user should have their ow content which should be used. This content can either be a local storage location also a remote storage location.
Apart from this kodi allows the user to even install a ‘third party plugins. This, has a high possibility of to allow the access of the contents that is usually freely available on the website of the content provider. This being said, kodi doesn’t in anyway provide for the watching of any illegal content. This is so because such things are not supported in anyway by the Team Kodi.
What Are The Various Platforms That It Is Available On?
The availability of the Kodi APK is not restricted to Android, but rather, there are various other platforms that it is available on. The Kodi APK is supported on the other platforms such as iOS, Windows, Linux, Mac, and many such more.
There are a few essential features that the Kodi APK has which makes it very popular amongst the other similar apps. A few of the reasons are listed as below:
- It is a very simple app to use.
- It consists of a huge library where there are various addons and skins.
- There are automatic and regular software updates that take place.
- It is an open source player which is free to all.
- It supports all kinds of video formats that are there.
Details of the Kodi APK app, which all the people must be aware of before downloading it
The important details of the app are listed as follows:
- App Name: Kodi
- App Size: 82.8 MB
- The current version available: 17.6 Krypton.
- Beta Release: 18.6 Leia
- Android requirement: 5.0 and above.
- Total downloads till date: 30,000,000+
- The original developers: XBMC Foundation.
The Various Steps That Are Involved In The Downloading Of This App:
Now that you already know the important features of the app that are necessary, it is important for you to know the steps which are involved in the downloading of the app. The various steps that are involved in the downloading of the app are as follows:
- The first and the foremost step is to ensure that you device allows ‘installation from unknown sources’. In order for this to happen, you should follow these steps: Settings> Security> Device Management> click on ‘unknown sources’, thereby selecting it.
- Download the APK file.
- Once the download is complete, you should install it and follow that with the agreement of the terms and the conditions.
- Once this is done, you will find the kodi app icon available ready for you on the home screen.
Disclaimers That Should Be Kept Note Of:
Apart from all this, there are a few disclaimers that the users of this app must be aware of. There aren’t many disclaimers that the users should be aware of. but, the important ones are as follows:
- It is necessary for the users to be capable to provide their own content. If not so, they should be able to install one of the third-party plugins. This is because, kodi doesn’t in anyways have any kind of affiliation to any kind of addon provider.
- Kodi doesn’t engage itself in the streaming of any illegal or any content that is under copyright law, thus is a copyright protected material. However, this being said, it can stream copyright items only after the consultation from the copywrite holder.
- It is true that there are regular updates that take place. But, in order for that to happen, the previous version that has been installed should and must have an ‘official release version’ that has been given by Team Kodi.
Download Kodi App for iOS
Download Kodi Apk for Windows
Download Kodi App for macOS
Requires Mac OS X 10.8 and higher.